BUSD Music Is Instrumental
District Wide | Funded Spring 2017 and Summer 2018
Burbank Unified School District has identified a need of $1.2 million to repair or replace broken musical instruments in their middle and high schools and, in the 2017-2018 school year, they set a district wide goal 4.4 to work with community partners to raise 10% of that need by the end of this school year, naming the year long campaign “Music Is Instrumental.” Led by BUSD, the “Music is Instrumental” campaign is a coordinated effort involving the Musicians at Play Foundation, Burbank Arts for All Foundation, the Los Angeles County Arts Education Collective, the Burbank Education Foundation, Burbank Music Academy, Music Junction, parents, IMA booster organizations, corporate, and small business partners to accomplish this goal.
In October 2017 through May 2018, Burbank Arts for All Foundation entered into an MOU agreement with BUSD to support their campaign in the areas of funding, communications, and community outreach and advocacy. The Foundation provided:
- a $10,000 grant in October 2017 to benefit BUSD’s Music Is Instrumental campaign
- hosted a Creative Circles Forum in March 2018 focused on the Business of the Music Industry
- coordinated with BUSD on a shared communications plan to generate community awareness throughout the 2017-2018 school year
- supported a community wide fundraising campaign, called 1,000 for $100, led by community leaders Linda Walmsley, Michael Cusumano, and Michael Hastings
- secured a $20,000 matching grant to support the goal of the 1,000 for $100 campaign
THANK YOU to all of the donor who supported this campaign.