BUSD’s in a Budget Crisis. Now What?
THANK YOU to the over 55 parents, volunteers, community members, District and City leaders who joined us for an open dialogue with expert speakers, who provided resources, solutions, and actionable steps to help YOU support arts education for all students in BUSD. Below, you’ll find photos, a video recording of the Exchange, and copies of the resources shared plus others!
We were thrilled to welcome speakers:
Arda Tchakian, District Representative for State Senator Anthony Portantino, District 25
Sarojini Lall, District Director, & Maria Azilazian, Field Representative, for CA State Assemblymember Laura Friedman, District 43
Burbank Unified Superintendent Dr. Matt Hill
Carol Briggs, President, Burbank Council PTA
Jen Lurie, President, Burbank Schools Boosters Association
Caroline Solberg & Paula Trubisky, Parent Volunteers
Helpful Resources for YOU:
- Superintendent Dr. Matt Hill’s Presentation
- Arts Advocacy Steps YOU Can Take
- Burbank Schools Boosters Association and the BUSD Fundraising Committee FAQ
- Burbank Council PTA and the Ed100 Flyer
- Parent Tool-Kit
- BUSD Budget Crisis and Arts Education
- Websites and online articles that provide information on funding for public education in California
- “The Annual Budget Process” Diagram
- How does a Bill become a Law?
- “School and Pension Costs in California: What Can Be Done?” Video from EdSource
- Click here to download the Exchange flyer to share!
Miss the Exchange or want to experience it again? Watch the recording below: