Thank you to the over 60 guests who joined Burbank Arts for All Foundation for an evening of inspiration, information, & action at our first Community Exchange of the 2019-2020 school year!
Thank you to our host:
Miss the Exchange or want to experience it again? Watch the recording below:
Info & Resources:
- Join Burbank Council PTA on September 25th for “An Evening with Carol Kocivar”
- Find out more information about BUSD’s funding needs.
- Learn about California’s education system at Ed100.org!
- Download the Foundation’s Parent Tool Kit for ways to engage in arts education at your school and throughout the District!
- Visit the Foundation’s Be Informed page for local, regional, state, and national arts education updates
- Coming Soon! View BUSD Arts & CTE Coordinator, Peggy Flynn’s, slideshow presentation from the September Exchange
- Read myBurbank.com’s article about the Community Exchange!
Thank you to the evening’s photographers, David Starr Jordan Middle School Teacher, Chris Mitchell, and Digital Media Student, Max!
During this inspiring dialogue:
- BUSD Superintendent Dr. Matt Hill addressed awesome challenges and changes the District is facing this school year
- BUSD Arts & CTE Coordinator Peggy Flynn inspired guests by sharing the stories of just a few of BUSD’s many, many arts programs
- Arts Advocacy Leaders Brenda Etterbeek, Jennie Ford, & Erin Clendenin shared positive, proactive resources and actionable steps to support arts education at YOUR school site
- Guests continued the conversation in support of BUSD arts education during a hosted wine & cheese reception
We were excited to host this Exchange during National Arts in Education Week (September 8-14, 2019)!
During this celebratory week, the field of arts education joins together in communities across the country to tell the story of the impact of the transformative power of the arts in education. Click here to learn more!