- Founded in 2006, the Burbank Arts For All Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and community wide alliance of Burbank’s business leaders, municipal partners, educators, parents and art supporters.Through our two annual grant making cycles and community building efforts, we support arts education programming in media, visual and performing arts for the more than 15,000 children in the Burbank Unified School District (BUSD) each year. Our Community Outreach Working Group is comprised of parents, teachers, artists and community stakeholders who are aligned with our mission and assist the Foundation in the areas of Community Outreach, Schools Outreach and Volunteer Engagement.
Our mission is to ensure every student in Burbank public schools receives a quality arts education as part of their core curriculum.
The results of our work are seen in the classrooms, art presentations and performances at BUSD’s schools. Since our founding in 2006, the Foundation has awarded grant funds supporting a wide variety of dance, theatre, music, fine art and media art productions or projects, artist in residency programs, arts integration programs, professional development for teachers, sound system upgrades and strategic planning for Burbank Unified School District’s Arts for All plan.
Stacy Cashman, a Principal at Jordan Middle School writes:
“Burbank Arts for All Foundation has made it possible for Jordan to fund and create a Broadcast Studio. This student-generated broadcast will promote the arts, STOP IT (our anti-bullying campaign), and facilitate a positive school culture at Jordan. They also provided us funds to create a dance curriculum for our PE classes. Burbank Arts for All Foundation not only supports the arts, but this group also helps us keep education relevant in the 21st century.”
To learn more about our impact, click here.
Why We Do What We Do:
- Because of California state budget cuts, BUSD is entering its fifth year of approximately $5 million dollars in budget cuts each year.
- Eight of the sixteen schools in BUSD are considered Title 1 schools where 40% of the students come from a low-income family.
- The arts help these kids transcend their everyday pressures. Statistics have shown: kids in the arts stay in school and improve their grades.
- The arts are transformative, creating the future generation of Burbank’s creative industry, instilling innovation to compete in the 21st century employment market, and empowering confidence and artistic expression.
Your donation to the Burbank Arts for All Foundation, ensures these vital media, visual and performing arts programs can continue to flourish and grow in our schools – - making a difference in the lives of every Burbank student and our community.
To donate to our mission today, click here.
348 E. Olive Avenue, Suite D
Burbank, CA 91502
Phone: (818) 736-5269
Fax: (818) 276-8474
Trena Pitchford-Director of Development
Stephanie Moore-Administrative Coordinator
Together we make a difference in our community!
Powered by Hackadelic Sliding Notes 1.6.5
Thank you to our media and web partners!
Together we serve the community of Burbank!