Burbank Arts for All Foundation allocates supplemental funding through our grantmaking program for Burbank Unified School District’s schools. Awards are distributed through our bi-annual grantmaking program, which specifically correlate to the BUSD Arts for All Strategic Plan while demonstrating high-quality, in-class instruction aligned with the California Arts Standards for Public Schools, Prekindergarten Through Grade Twelve.
- We will only consider requests for funds to support projects that occur during the standard school day during class time, are standards-based, and have a direct connection to student learning.
- All funding requests for single-site projects must be signed by the school’s principal; and all multi-site or District-wide projects must be signed by the BUSD Arts Coordinator. All facility related projects must be signed by the BUSD Director of Facilities. This pre-approval is required to ensure all Burbank Arts for All Foundation funding is consistent with BUSD’s Arts For All Strategic Plan and current School Site/District needs and priorities.
- Grants can be awarded for the integration of the arts in non-VAPA courses like Math, English, or World History, so be creative!
Grant Application Deadline:
The Foundation accepts applications throughout the year for two separate grant cycles, in the Fall and in the Spring. Grant deadlines are March 1st and September 15th by 5:00pm. In the case of March 1st or September 15th landing on a non-business day (i.e. Saturday, Sunday, holiday), the Application Deadline will be extended to the next available business day.
NEXT DEADLINE: Monday, September 16, 2019 by 5pm
Grant Guidelines & Applications:
The Foundation will continue to accept general Arts Education Grant Applications on a rolling basis until the above deadline.
Please note the following important updates for our Fall 2019 Grant Cycle ONLY:
- For BUSD Principals & District Administrators:
Thanks to our partnership with the City of Burbank and a generous donation from Warner Bros. Entertainment, the Foundation will ALSO be able to support creative design in BUSD through a Request for Proposals (RFP) in our September 2019 grant cycle in alignment with the City’s Arts In Public Places Ordinance (APPO). This application is in addition to the general Arts Education Grant Application and is available only to BUSD Principals and District Administration. For a copy of this application and with any questions, please contact Saundra Montijo, Program & Outreach Manager, at 818.736.5269 or email@example.com
- For general Arts Education Grant Applicants:
The Foundation will give priority to requests for projects/programs that are in alignment with BUSD Resolution 35: “Fundraising Restrictions 2019-2020 School Year.” Please contact our office with any questions at 818.736.5269
Arts Education Grants
For equal access, we have provided our Grant Application and Final Report in a word document. Applications are also available in our office. Please contact the Foundation with any questions.
Download our Grant Guidelines, Grant Application, Final Report Form or Media Release
Burbank Arts for All Foundation GRANT GUIDELINES
Burbank Arts for All Foundation GRANT APPLICATION FORM (Downloads a fillable Word doc)
PLEASE NOTE: Application form versions prior to August 1, 2017 and Final Report form versions prior to August 1, 2015 will NOT be accepted.
BOWMAN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT GRANTS (Spring Grant Cycles Only)
In 2010, Burbank Arts For All Foundation announced the Bowman Professional Development Grant. Dr. Gregory Bowman, retired superintendent of Burbank Unified School District (BUSD), generously allocated funding to support professional development in arts education for teachers in BUSD. His legacy as an arts learning advocate lives on through this gift. Annually, on March 1 the Foundation awards two Bowman grants, one to a group of teachers ($3,500) and one to an individual ($750).
Bowman Professional Development Grant Application (Downloads a fillable Word doc)