Burbank’s Role in the Future
of the Creative Industries
March 18, 2015
7:00pm – 9:00pm
The Colony Theatre
555 N Third St, Burbank, CA 91502
General Admission: $20
High School Student Discount: $10
Current Burbank Arts for All Foundation Community Members Discount: $10
All current Burbank Arts for All Foundation Circle of Champions Members receive complimentary tickets as a benefit of your membership. Contact Saundra Montijo to redeem your tickets at Saundra@burbankartsforall.org
ONE NIGHT ONLY!
What does tomorrow hold for Burbank’s creative industries?
Join us for a lively and thought-provoking Forum exploring how creative industries are adapting to emerging technologies and what skill sets our students will need to support their futures in this era of innovation.
Our expert panelists who will speak to their role in this subject include:
- Burbank Unified’s Assistant Superintendent, Sharon Cuseo, will share plans currently being implemented in digital media and digital manufacturing, as part of the District’s partnership with the Verdugos Creative Technology Consortium.
- Legacy Effects’ Darnell Isom will share his perspective from the Special Effects industry and how Legacy Effects’ wizards and makeup artists tackle innovation on such blockbusters as Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Disney’s Earth to Echo.
- Karl Meyer, Vice President of Entertainment for 3D Systems and Founder of Gentle Giant Studios will explore the development and creation of 3D printing, including how it has evolved in the 20 years that he has been leading the field.
- As a Technical Director at Nickelodeon, Christopher Young oversees trends in technology, what tools are being used as it relates to animation and how they can be used in different ways to produce the most compelling, funniest and innovative content for kids today.
- Moderating the discussion is Telepictures Productions’ Senior Vice President of Digital Media, Bob Mohler, who will lead the conversation and lending his expertise from experience in developing digital content plans for existing television properties like The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Extra and TMZ.
Following the discussion, mix and mingle with our esteemed panelists and VIP guests during a hosted wine & cheese reception.
Learn more about our Moderator:
Senior Vice President Digital Media
Bob Mohler, Senior Vice President Digital Media, Telepictures Productions (the first run syndication arm of Warner Bros.). Mohler’s primary responsibility is working with show producers and talent to develop and evolve mapping and executing content strategies, technology and design for web, mobile and tablet devices, as well as social marketing initiatives and partnerships for existing television properties. Mohler began his career at Telepictures in 2000 as a Web Producer for “Extra’s” website and has been responsible for producing television websites including “The Bachelor: The Morning After,” “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and “The Tyra Banks Show.” Mohler recently added new digital projects to his purview, including mobile apps for “TMZ,” “Ellen” and “Extra,” plus development of the new TMZ interactive application for iPad and Android Tablet applications. Mohler has been a Burbank resident for nearly 14 years. He is married to Chez Mohler, a teacher at Roosevelt Elementary School. Bob and Chez are raising two daughters who are enrolled in the Burbank Unified School District.
…and our esteemed panelists:
Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum Development & Implementation
Burbank Unified School District
Sharon Cuseo holds a BA in Spanish from San Diego State University and a Master’s in Educational Leadership from the University of La Verne. Having been with the Burbank Unified District for several years, Sharon taught Spanish and English at both Jordan Middle School and John Burroughs High School, and has also served as Assistant Principal at John Burroughs and as Principal at Jordan. Most recently, she served as the Director of Instruction and Accountability at BUSD, where she oversaw all District Assessments, Career Technical Education, and worked on the implementation of both the Common Core and the 21st Century Classroom. Currently, she is BUSD’s Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum Development & Implementation.
Special Effects Designer
Founder, Gentle Giant Studios &
Vice President of Entertainment, 3D Systems
Nickelodeon Animation Studio
Burbank Arts for All Foundation hosts these forums to bring together our community in support of the arts, arts education and creative innovation in Burbank.
Become a Circle of Champions member of the Burbank Arts for All Foundation and receive complimentary tickets to future Creative Circles Forum membership events!
Burbank Arts for All Foundation’s mission is to ensure every student in Burbank public schools receives a quality arts education as part of their core curriculum.
Nickelodeon Experts Discuss the Creative Process in Animation Production
October 23, 2014
Art + Technology: Experts and Educators Explore Innovation
February 24, 2014
Burbank ABC’s: Arts Education, Business and Creativity
October 15, 2012
Media Experts Talk Media Arts
March 14, 2013